To make our workshops much more interactive and worthy Team Glamflame always brings excellent Pre-workshop requisites for its participants. We all believe in your capabilities but still why not to brush up some of your skills before the workshop. So once you sign up for this workshop you will receive a mail containing all the pre-workshop requisites. In case, you failed to do your homework, you have to do 100 push-ups during the workshop.
Date: March 18th-19th | Mumbai
Two Days Master class on Speedlight and Composite Photography
The workshop is going to be a fusion of Composite and Advertising Photography. What would do photographers heavily rely on? Lighting, right? What if photographers are challenged to take photos and create photographs with the same finesse that they produced in photographs taken under proper lighting? Many will become skeptical and scoff at the idea. However, this workshop is totally avant-garde because it will show the participants the technique of taking photographs in dark/ semi-dark and sometimes dirty places. Participants will learn how despite making minimalistic use of lighting equipment, the end result could be an extremely professional looking advertising image.
Sharing is Caring. Share this amazing workshop with your other photographer friends.
ABOUT THE MENTOR
Ilya Nodia hails from Moscow, Russia. This prolific photographer does not just give the world photos. Instead, what Ilya does is draw on his own feelings and experiences and create cinematic photos which have a dramatic flair to them. He himself claims to be attracted towards people in historic, rousing & fascinating settings and challenges in production. Check out his works on Behance.
You don’t always have to spend a fortune to create amazing images. Speedlights can open up a new realm of your photography. Explore how just 3 flashlights with some inexpensive light modifiers can do the magic for you. Learn how you can create jaw-dropping images with minimal fuss or expense.
Here is a sneak preview of how it’s gonna be?
BOOK NOW[ux_products type=”normal” columns=”2″ cat=”montage”] [ux_products type=”row” columns=”2″ ids=”4110,4106″]
The first day of the workshop will be flagged off with an introductory session with the mentor. Mr. Ilya Nodia will enlighten the participants with why he chose this particular way of photography. He will show how to focus on the creative aspect of photography, how to select and construct the desired scene in a location, how to synchronize with the subjects of the photos, etc. On the technical front, Mr. Nodia will tell us which equipment he has chosen to include in his itinerary and also why he has chosen them. Participants will be shown how to work with flashlights and how to get photos of advertising quality while shooting in a dark and dirty place. The day will end with a huge shoot.
DAY1: First Half
- Composite Photography – Tips and tricks
- Getting to know your equipment
- Creating your own style
- Stories behind Ilya’s captures
- Portraits of Passers-by in Europe
- Portrait philosophy
- Cinematic photography
- Shooting Information:
- Analysis and theories
- Light schemes
- Montage and compositing
- Panoramic photos and necessity of using it
- Testing the lighting setup in the studio
- Showing and discussing ready PSD photos
- The art and business of Advertising Photography
- Briefing about Day2 plans
The second half will be a hands-on photography session about 4 hours, wherein the participants will get to see Mr. Nodia in action taking photos in difficult locations. The photography session will include taking pictures of various genres like dramatic panoramic portraits, commercial and cinematic photos under different light settings, ranging from a sunny street to a dark, cramped room.
DAY1: Second Half
- Shooting different type of photos:
- Dramatic panoramic portrait
- Commercial shoot
- Genre cinematic story
- Montage parts and analog effects
- Creating the scene
- Guiding your crew
- Interaction with models
A post-production day of about 6-8 hours, the third day will be dedicated to discussing and analyzing the photos taken the previous day. After a photo is selected it will be first made to go through Adobe Lightroom for coloring and fracturing purposes. Following this, the Adobe Photoshop will be put to montage for skin corrections, masking, clipping of hairs, surrounding particles, etc. The photo will be then finalized for print or the internet.
- Debriefing of day 2
- Software review:
- Digital Photo Professional
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop
- Color Correction
- Color Grading
- Dynamic Range
- Preparing files for photoshop
- Dealing with layers
- General correction
- Clipping and fixing hairs
- Skin correction
- Environment effects and particles
- Finalization and preparing for print/the internet
- Adobe Photoshop
INR 18,500/- per person
Includes lunch, tea/coffee, snacks and applicable taxes. You can also confirm your spot just by paying the booking amount of INR 10,250/- (rest of the amount you can pay before the workshop). Payment options will be shared upon inquiry.
In the ill-fated event if you wish to cancel your booking after the payment, you will receive a credit note that can be used to avail of any of our services listed on our website, for:
a) 100% of the amount if you cancel before 30 days of the Workshop date,
b) 50% of the amount if you cancel before 15 days of the Workshop date
No credit note will be issued for canceling 2weeks prior to the Workshop date or for failing to attend the Workshop without prior intimation, and no cash refunds will be made under any circumstances.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I am a complete beginner in photography. Is this Workshop recommended for me?Of-course! GlamFlame always plans it’s workshop in such a way that both beginners and professionals can attend it. Our pre-workshop requisites are very well designed and informative. If you are a complete beginner, you should sign up for the Workshop right away, as we’re sure you’ll find it really helpful!
- I don’t have a DSLR and have only a compact digital camera. Will this Workshop still be useful for me?Yes. The fundamental concepts of digital photography are common to DSLR and compact digital cameras, so it will still be useful, and you’ll be able to try a majority of the discussed concepts practically if your compact camera has manual controls. However, in order to make the most out of the Workshop, we recommend you hire a DSLR .
- How do I register for the Workshop?You can register for the Workshop by clicking on the BOOK NOW! tab and filling out the registration form, or transferring the booking amount directly to our company account, details will be shared upon inquiry. You can reach us on +91-9620830837
- How do I pay the Workshop fee?We have multiple payment options including online transfer, from which you may choose one as per your convenience. More details can be shared upon inquiry.
- What should I get to the Workshop?
- An open mind and learning attitude.
- A memory card/pendrive with sufficient space for the tutorial videos.
- Pen Tablet, if available.
- Your laptop with the following software installed on it.
- Photoshop cs6 or cc
- Camera raw
- Lightroom cs6 or cc
- A screen recording software if you want to record your screens during the post-processing sessions. (optional)
- I have paid for the Workshop but cannot attend. Can I get a refund?
Kindly check our cancellation policy.
we do understand
Photoshop is a versatile tool but it can be a daunting program when you don’t understand it.
But we do understand that it’s also very difficult to grab and learn everything in just one day. That’s why we are going to document and record everything during the post-processing session on the second day of the workshop. It’s official now.
So in the end of the workshop, you ‘ll not only have learned a lot, you ‘ll also have everything in form of video tutorials to take home.
NEED A PLACE TO STAY?
We’ve partnered with Aureole Hotel Mumbai, that will give a reduced price for the participants of Niara. We have a special deal for Niara attendees at this hotels. which is nicely discounted off their Best Available Rate, subject to availability.
It’s a Design boutique hotel with Customized interiors. At Aureole every floor has a new decor. Every room has its own specialized design including Wi-Fi facility in each room. A gorgeous pool located on the top floor, which overlooks the metro and the vibrant commercial city, Designers have designed Aureole with love and care.
A single person on sharing basis ₹1,800 and double room at ₹3,500. Price is inclusive of all taxes. To book your room, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-9620830837
Number of guests: 20
Local transport: Cab and auto
Exertion level: Easy
Meals: All meals included
Type of photography: Advertising and Composite
Weather in March: Average 32°C
Hi-tea, Lunch and non-alcoholic beverages
Coaching, teaching, workshops and seminars
Transport to/from Workshop Location
Visa for India
Any queries? Drop us a message
OTHER WORKSHOPS[ux_products show=”featured”]