Here are 10 expert tips that will help you take your photography to the next level or at least help you stop making the various mistakes. There are no rules in photography but general guidelines that will help you a lot. Here is a collection of 10 tips that will help you master photography with a distinct perspective.
1. Just because someone has an expensive camera doesn’t mean that they’re a good photographer.
2. Simplicity is not always the key. To make your photos stand out from the crowd you should dare to create something complicated but beautiful. In this case, Benjamin Von Wong can be a huge source of inspiration for you.
3. Always ask the experts to critique your work and take their reviews in a positive way.
4. Nowadays everybody is a photographer. Just accept that fact and try to make your photos stand out from the crowd.
5. Photos are always more interesting with the human element included.
6. Give attention to the detailing while shooting portraits. Look out for skin texture, sharp eyes, highlights, and shadows.
Credits: Alexey Dovgulya
7. Shooting photos of homeless people in the name of street photography is exploitation.
8. Don’t fall in love with your camera. Use it and when its time, abuse it.
9. Try to develop your own style and work on it till it becomes your signature style.
As we are talking about the signature style, you might want to check out Jake Olson
10. Upgrade your skills before you upgrade your camera.