The first day will be focused on newborn setup, newborn posing, and business. Using newborn models, Sissi will guide you through a typical newborn session, showing my pose to pose transitions, angles, soothing methods, etc. You will be able to photograph some setups for your own portfolio, with Sissi there next to you, guiding you with your own angles to get that perfect SOOC shot. Sissi strongly believes in a hands-on approach to her teaching, so Sissi will be right there to help and answer any questions you might have.
We will also have a thorough business discussion, where Sissi will be an open book. Sissi will go through her pricing, branding, methods for marketing, website, and everything in between. You will be welcome to raise your own questions at any time – all questions are welcomed.
- In depth portfolio review of your recent one client gallery.
- Sissi starts my session with criticism. I(Sissi) believe this make us both to understand where your strength is and where you want to improve.
- – What Equipment and props should we have in our collection
- – How to choose your props
- – Planning for the session ahead
- – Preparing for the session
- – How to style setups to get the most out of your session
- – Advice for the parents
- During the session (using natural light)
- – Various beanbag poses (wrapped, nude, froggy, baby bump, chin-on-hands, sides, front, potato sack etc)
- – How to look for light
- – Camera setting
- – Angles, compositions
- – Transition shots for composite shots
- – How I light differently for different prop styles
- – Posing family and siblings
*Lunch Break (lunch will be served as well as refreshments)
- Tips for a successful newborn session
- Newborn session (all setups using studio light)
The second day will be focused on working with older babies (aged 3-5 months), maternity sessions, and post-production. Sissi will take you through a typical older baby session, demonstrating how to work with babies in this tricky age range. Sissi will also guide you through a maternity session, showing you how to capture timeless and flattering maternity images for your clients. Just as in day 1, you will be able to photograph some setups for your own portfolio, with her full assistance in choosing angles and settings to get that perfect SOOC shot.
The afternoon will be dedicated to post-production. Erin will go over her complete post-processing workflow, using Lightroom and Photoshop CC, so that you can watch a gallery come together from start to finish. Most of her post-production work will be included in your workbook, and you are welcome to take notes or follow along on your own laptop.
1. Older Babies
– Parent preparation
– Room preparation
– Choosing setups
– Maximising variety within each setup
– Methods for VERY quick session times
– Structured posing workflow with prop and bean bag posing
2. Maternity Posing
– Client preparation
– Choosing attire and location
– Making your clients feel comfortable and beautiful
– Posing for different body types
– Maximising variety in your maternity sessions
3. Post-production and Workflow
– Methods for increasing productivity and workflow speed
– Fixing colours and skin tones in Lightroom
– Hand-edits from start to finish
– Creating your own actions in Photoshop
– Shooting demonstration for digital composition
– Editing demonstration for photo realistic background composition
– I will cover where I purchase my props from, how to setup a newborn studio with your budget, where to invest and how to grow your business.
INR 38,850/- per person
Includes lunch, tea/coffee, snacks and applicable taxes. You can also confirm your spot just by paying the booking amount of INR 14,850/- (rest of the amount you can pay before or during the first day of the workshop). Payment options will be shared upon inquiry.
In the ill-fated event if you wish to cancel your booking after the payment, you will receive a credit note that can be used to avail of any of our services listed on our website, for:
a) 100% of the amount if you cancel before 30 days of the Workshop date,
b) 50% of the amount if you cancel before 15 days of the Workshop date
No credit note will be issued for canceling 2weeks prior to the Workshop date or for failing to attend the Workshop without prior intimation, and no cash refunds will be made under any circumstances.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I am a complete beginner in photography. Is this Workshop recommended for me? Of course! GlamFlame always plans it’s workshop in such a way that both beginners and professionals can attend it. Our pre-workshop requisites are very well designed and informative. If you are a complete beginner, you should sign up for the Workshop right away, as we’re sure you’ll find it really helpful!
- I don’t have a DSLR and have only a compact digital camera. Will this Workshop still be useful for me? Yes. The fundamental concepts of digital photography are common to DSLR and compact digital cameras, so it will still be useful, and you’ll be able to try a majority of the discussed concepts practically if your compact camera has manual controls. However, in order to make the most out of the Workshop, we recommend you hire a DSLR.
- How do I register for the Workshop? You can register for the Workshop by clicking on the BOOK NOW! tab and filling out the registration form, or transferring the booking amount directly to our company account, details will be shared upon inquiry. You can reach us on +91-9620830837
- How do I pay the Workshop fee? We have multiple payment options including online transfer, from which you may choose one as per your convenience. More details can be shared upon inquiry.
- What should I get to the Workshop?
- DSLR Camera
- Flash transmitter/receiver for your camera (if not Canon)
- 24-70mm f2.8, 35mm or 50mm lens; Macro lens if you do macro shots
- Spare camera battery
- Your laptop with photoshop and lightroom installed on it
- I have paid for the Workshop but cannot attend. Can I get a refund?
Kindly check our cancellation policy.